Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Six Reasons Evan Bayh Is Retiring

From Howard Fineman at Newsweek via RealClearPolitics:
Before I go on, I should say that Bayh and I, and our families, have been friends for nearly two decades. Reporters aren't supposed to befriend politicians. But I've been around so long that even I (loner-loser that I am) have acquired a few politician friends, on both sides of the aisle...

Just wanting to spend more time with his family is only one reason Bayh quit. I think his complaints about Washington were quite sincere. Here's my sense of the six main considerations that went into Bayh's calculation last weekend:...
Read it all, a more personal (and I suspect more accurate) look at the situation that what we've gooten to this point. -SP

No comments:

Post a Comment