Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Daniels suggests White House bid is unlikely

From the Indy Star:
Focusing on what he can accomplish as governor is more appealing than "taking the longest of long shots" in running for president, Gov. Mitch Daniels said Tuesday.
"The simple fact is, I don't plan to do it. I don't expect to do it. I really don't want to do it," the Indiana Republican told reporters at a breakfast gathering after several days of meetings with the National Governors Association.
"I'm just very concerned about the condition and direction of the country and would like to have some input into a constructive Republican alternative that is presented in a way that has a chance of actually being enacted if a campaign is successful."
Personally, I would like the Governor to have A LOT of input into a constructive Republican alternative, given his track record here in this state with helping weather the current fiscal mess. -SP

No comments:

Post a Comment