Freedom Group of Brown County members and other patriots,
Here are your 7 daily email items (3 events & 4 items on the book “Refounding America”):
1. EVENT – Monday at 9:00am (correction to previous email – I thought it was at 8:00) is the Americans for Prosperity event at the Courthouse in Columbus, IN. Click on this link to register so that they will have an idea of how many people are coming: http://novemberiscoming.com/beta/?portfolio_item=indiana-events There will be refreshments and a t-shirt give-away.
2. EVENT – Don’t forget the Interposition rally – We will have a carpool/caravan from Brown County to Indianapolis. Meet in the Nashville IGA Parking Lot at 10:00am on Saturday October 16. If you’re nervous about driving in Indy, come and ride with someone who isn’t.
OCTOBER 16, 2010
12 Noon EST at the University Park, Indianapolis
12 Noon EST at the University Park, Indianapolis
We still have an opportunity, therefore a duty, to STOP Obamacare in our state. It's calledINTERPOSITION
Our state legislators and Governor must INTERPOSE between us, the Indiana citizens, and the unconstitutional Federal Government's HealthCare mandate. It is our duty to make our collective voices be heard loud and clear at the state level!
Tell your friends, neighbors, and fellow patriots to mark their calendar and come march on Indy with your fellow Hoosiers. More information here: http://www.fmcoin.org/ Posters are available on the website.
Guest Speaker: Sponsor:
Michael Bolden, The FreedomMaker Coalition of Indiana
Founder of the Tenth Amendment
Emery McClendon, Thomas Weddle,
2010 “Activist of the Year” RestoreGovernment.com
Kristi Risk, Andrew Fischer, MD,
Former Congressional Candidate Independence Caucus
Greg Serbon, Dave Armstrong,
Co-founder of IFIRE FairTax
Pastor John B. Lowe, Donn Brown,
New Life Christian Church Co-founder of Citizens in Action
John Jahnke, Faith Jones,
IDOL West 2010 Salvatori Prize for American
Citizenship from The Heritage Foundation
Indiana State Chairmom
American Singer and Song Writer
Kelsie Risk – Just Signin',
Patriotic and Christian Interpretive Signing
3. BOOK - Refounding America: A Field Manual for Patriot Activists –buy it at http://www.refoundingamericabook.com/ or at www.Amazon.com. I’ve written about this book before. In this email, I’m including some of the material that is in the book.
4. ACTION – suggested in Refounding America:
“Set up five screen names. Reply to progressive online media companies and blogs every day to five different websites. Keep to your values, and show the editors that their writers are out of sync with their readership. If 100,000 readers of this book reply to 5 progressive sites daily, we’ll have 3½ million opportunities to refute their lies and spread the truth to 100 times more readers every week. And the press follows these progressive sites…”
Top 5 progressive websites identified by the book are:
The Huffington Post
The Daily Kos
The American Prospect
Crooks and Liars
The Daily Beast
Fire Dog Lake
Five Thirty Eight
The New Republic
Talking Points Memo
I haven’t checked these websites out, so let me know if you find that any are no longer active, aren’t Progressive, or anything else that doesn’t seem right and I will pass the information along to all of you.
5. INFORMATION/ACTION – from Refounding America. Use Saul Alinsky’s 13 Rules for Radicals against the Progressives. According to Alinsky, the principal job of an organizer is to bait the opponent into reacting. Here are his 13 rules. Each one is explained briefly in the book. I will have copies of the explanations at tomorrow night’s Freedom Group meeting.
1. Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
2. Never go outside the experience of your people.
3. Whenever possible, go outside the experience of the enemy.
4. Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.
5. Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.
6. A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.
7. A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
8. Keep the pressure on.
9. The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
10. The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
11. If you push a negative long and hard and deep enough it will break through its own counterside.
12. The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
6. INFORMATION/ACTION – more from the book.
You’ve seen Progressives standing outside a business protesting. Instead, conservatives should plan a “Support Fest”. An example from the book: “Pick a local or regional bank that did not take federal bailout money; either directly or indirectly through a parent company. Move your accounts into that bank. Then, contact the bank manager and schedule a “Support Fest” publicly thanking management for being prudent business people and free market patriots. Display signs like, “Thank You for Believing in the Free market,” and “I Bank with Capitalists, Not Cronies.” Remember, call the media!”
7. EVENT – don’t forget tomorrow night’s Freedom Group meeting – 6:45pm at the Brown County Library, east end of Gould Street in Nashville. I will have copies of “The 5000 Year Leap” for sale at cost - $5.50.
"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session." Mark Twain