Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We Took Back Our Congress

From Todd Young:


Tonight the 9th Congressional District returned to its rightful owners: The people of Southern Indiana.
 
We took back our Congress.
 
If time allowed, I would thank every single one of you and all the great friends I’ve made over these past two years by name. I’ve been truly blessed to have such an incredible network of support and encouragement during this campaign.

I also extend thanks to Congressman Baron Hill for waging a spirited campaign, and for his service to our state and country.  

When I embarked on this journey two years ago, I did so because I was, and I remain, truly concerned about the fate of our country and the future we will leave for our children. 
 
Tonight is a great victory.

But starting tomorrow the hard work begins. We are facing immense challenges as a country and will continue to do so regardless of the outcome of tonight’s elections.
 
But we proved all the pundits and the experts wrong by taking back our Congressional seat. And now we have to prove the naysayers wrong by turning our country around and preserving the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.
 
It’s no easy fete, but we’re Americans. We’ve been proving the skeptics wrong for the last 200 years. I’m confident we will do it again.
 
In service and with gratitude,
 
Todd Young  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment